Saturday 16 November 2013

Fantasia's Magical Little Mushrooms

Fantasia's Magical Little Mushrooms

Whilst watching Fantasia the other day, I was reminiscing about how i wanted my own little magical mushroom all for myself to cwtch and to dance for me! 

Well it got me thinking, how could i make some lovely cute mushrooms that would be a great party canapé.

Then! as if by magic I was sent this lovely photo of some egg meringue mushrooms made by The Joy Of Baking from a friend.

This came at just the right time as i had just watched the Great British Bake Off and really wanted to make a Vegan Daquoise Meringue Coffee Cake so this was perfect timing to do everything at once.



How delicious does this look?!! Mary Berry's Hazelnut Dacquoise 

But i thought if i could use Orgran's Egg Replacer for the no egg meringues and then make my Vegan Cheesecake with No Caffeine coffee then it should be perfect!....And it turned out perfect! even if i do say so myself.
My Version Free From Vegan Coffee & Hazelnut Dacquoise



Here it is!

If you want to make this for yourself it is: Vegan, Vegetarian, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Rice Free, Caffeine Free, Refined Sugar Free, Soya Free, Wheat Free & Gluten Free.
(RECIPE HERE)

Now for the mushrooms, since the no egg meringue didn't stay as stiff as i wished with the shapes i wished to cook. I instead made two halves of the mushroom stalk so that it would be able to stand up, just like a mushroom. I also wanted my mushrooms to have some character so i added some carob powder to the meringue mix and didn't thoroughly combine it together so that it would be speckled.






To make the stalks all you need to do is spread some cheesecake onto the two halves then press the point together, add some more cheesecake mixture to the bottom if there is a gap.

To attach the stalks to the mushroom cap, scoop a hole out of the bottom, being careful not to push the spoon through the top. add some cheesecake mixture to the hole and push the stalk into the mixture and there you have it.

x x x

   











   












No comments:

Post a Comment